Blogger : MSDN Blogs
All posts : All posts by MSDN Blogs
Category : WSCF/WCF
Blogged date : 2008 Oct 25
Melitta, Kim, and I will be at PDC next week, along with several other members of the CLR team. We’ll mostly be hanging out in the lounges chatting with folks and answering questions. We’ll also be at the Ask-the-Experts night on Wednesday, so if you’ll be at PDC next week, stop by and say hi! We love chatting with customers and listening to your feedback and suggestions.
This year’s PDC has tons of different sessions on a vast array of .NET technologies including ASP.NET, WCF, WF, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, Data Services, XAML, WPF, Silverlight, and many more. Here are some that you may find of interest:
- Microsoft .NET Framework: CLR Futures
- Research: Contract Checking and Automated Test Generation with Pex
- Managed and Native Code Interoperability: Best Practices
- Parallel Programming for Managed Developers with the Next Version of Microsoft Visual Studio
- Framework Design Guidelines
- Microsoft .NET Framework: Overview and Applications for Babies
- Managed Extensibility Framework: Overview
- Microsoft .NET Framework: Declarative Programming Using XAML
- The Future of C#
- Natural Interop with Silverlight, Office, and Python in Microsoft Visual C# and Microsoft Visual Basic
- Future Directions for Microsoft Visual Basic
- Deep Dive: Dynamic Languages in Microsoft .NET
- IronRuby: The Right Language for the Right Job
- An Introduction to Microsoft F#
- "Oslo": The Language
The first five sessions listed above are the ones most closely related to the BCL and CLR; the first two will specifically touch on some of the features that our team (the BCL team) is delivering in .NET 4.0. Of course there are plenty of other topics to keep an eye on, such as: parallelism, “Oslo”, Visual Studio, cloud computing, Windows 7, Internet Explorer, SQL Server, etc.
Stay tuned to this blog next week for more details on what we’ll be unveiling next week at PDC 2008.